***Please note that the
internship openings listed on this page are offered through the individual
employers listed below, rather than through the University of Delaware's
Department of Political Science & International Relations. Students
should pursue these internships at their own risk, and should speak with
the Department of Political Science & International Relation's
Director of Internships and/or their academic advisor before pursuing any
internship for credit. ***
The Cuomo Campaign in New York City is looking for Political Volunteers
Andrew Cuomo for New York is currently accepting applications for Summer political volunteers to support our fundraising team in our Midtown office. We are looking for hard-working, motivated candidates in the New York City area to work directly with our staff; volunteers can expect to gain unique insight into New York’s political processes while learning the basics of political fundraising. Please note, this is not a typical volunteer position for a political campaign. Accepted candidates should expect significant responsibility. Interested candidates should expect to come into our office 15-20 hours a week along with the occasional morning, evening, or weekend event as needed. Prior campaign experience, while not necessary, is a plus. Below are the main responsibilities for volunteers on the fundraising team.
- Conducting donor research.
- Prepping for campaign events.
- Preparing briefings for senior staff.
- Assisting in vetting and compliance.
- Researching venues and conducting venue outreach.
- Outreach for events.
- Conducting follow up from fundraisers.
- Helping in various administrative and staffing needs for thecampaign.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants from all educational backgrounds are welcome.
Please email email@example.com or call (212) 257-6405 if you have any questions.
Internship with GoMurph Campaign
The Republican Candidate for Delaware’s lone seat in the U.S. Congress, Lee Murphy,
seeks interns for his Congressional Campaign in Delaware in the Spring, Summer and
Fall of 2020. Interns will work with the Campaign Manager and Assistant Campaign
The intern positions are unpaid but will provide college credit. Note that Campaign
Manager has been a research and teaching oriented faculty member across the country
for 30 years, and has mentored and advised dozens of students and research
assistants to successful careers in many fields over that time. The Assistant Campaign
Manager is a recent college grad who is well versed in both Delaware politics and social
media. The number of credits depend on the number of hours completed each term. Learn More
Part-time Intern Positions with DEGOP
The Delaware Republican Party is seeking College Interns to work with our staff, candidates and volunteers as we continue to Grow Our Party. We are excited to have a Republican President, House and Senate in Washington and look forward to successful 2020 elections in Delaware.
Working as an intern for the Delaware Republican Party, you will assist and support the State Committee staff in all aspects of politics from daily office routines to helping Republicans get elected.
There are many learning opportunities available for you to utilize your skills and talents working with republican leadership, elected officials and very active volunteers.
Below are some of the opportunities and tasks for our interns:
- Assist Executive Assistant with daily tasks and ongoing projects.
- Participate in state and local trainings which aim to teach those involved more about Delaware’s political landscape and the work being done by our staff and candidates.
- Participating in all voter contact programs, such as door-knocking, phone-banking, and utilizing the data tools.
- Develop and expand DE GOP’s online media presence through social networking outreach.
- Event and candidate tracking: First-hand experience with political events and candidates by tracking and maintaining a calendar of events..
- Policy, issue and candidate research: Enhance research skills on a variety of topics and experience with various web-based and other research tools.
If interested, and for more information, please contact:
Paula Manolakos, Executive Assistant, 302-668-1954.
Washington DC Summer Internship Opportunity
Application deadline extended to February 7, 2020.
We, at the National Summer Learning Association (www.summerlearning.org), have a pilot project we’re working on to pay for two college age students to do well paid internships in DC for their Members of Congress this summer.
We are partnering with a group called College to Congress to set this up and one internship opportunity may be in the office of Delaware Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester.
We’d love to identify 2-3 Delaware student leaders interested in politics and service, who had an impactful summer camp or summer learning program experience growing up, maintain a 3.0 GPA, are preferably the same party affiliation as the Member of Congress and now a junior or senior in college. Our goals are to:
- make the point that unpaid internships are unfair and off limits to low income students
- get more students engaged in the political process
- have these internships turn into real job offers
- serve students who couldn’t afford these experience otherwise.
We’ll cover their housing, travel, a food allowance, metro card, professional clothing stipend, leadership trainings, tours, networking opportunities and more. Unfortunately, the deadline to apply is this Friday Jan 31. The link to apply for this position can be found here: https://bit.ly/37PnijA
Also attached is a one pager on the program and some videos on the experience:
A Better Delaware Internship
Duration: Through end of session (June 30, 2020)
A Better Delaware is a non-partisan public policy and political advocacy organization that supports pro-growth, pro-jobs policies and greater transparency and accountability in state government.
Internship with A Better Delaware (ABD) provides the student the opportunity to be involved in the Delaware political landscape in a way unlike others currently available. Chaired by Chris Kenny of the Kenny Family ShopRites and Ben DuPont, philanthropist and businessman, ABD is lead by Delaware business leaders who understand the landscape and can affect change.
- The intern will conduct research, including but not limited to:
- Economic policy and trends
- Delaware economic and business standings
- National reports (economic, business, government)
- Efficiency of legislation nationally
- Candidate/official research (voting history, legislation)
- The intern will work remotely to perform research to aid the efforts of ABD throughout the legislative session, at the discretion of the organization.
- The internship is unpaid, but offers the opportunity for professional and political development. Perks such as concert tickets, sports tickets, etc. will be offered as well.
- Candidates must:
- Have a minimum 3.33 GPA
- Major in: Economics, Business, Political Science, History, Policy, or other related studies
- Have an express interest in fiscal policy and it’s impact on the First State
- Be self-motivated and organized
- Be able to perform scholarly research with minimal guidance
For questions, please contact ABD Executive Director Zoe Callaway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about A Better Delaware, please visit www.ABetterDelaware.org or www.Facebook.com/ABetterDelaware.
The Delaware State Senate Democratic Caucus
Is seeking motivated applicants for an exciting internship opportunity in our communications office. The Communications Intern will be responsible for assisting the Communications Director and Communications Assistant in the execution of the Democratic Caucus' press strategy and social media plan.
This internship is a paid opportunity.
Nature and Scope
The Communications Intern reports to the Communications Director and Communications Assistant. This position will deal with a wide variety of subject matter and work products, many of which are oriented around strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize work and demonstrate initiative
- Strong writing skills and a thorough command of good grammar
- Familiarity with social media administration and best practices
- Reliable transportation
- Interest in state government and politics
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Multimedia skillsets (e.g., graphic design, photography/videography, and/or web
- Familiarity with AP style
Majors or concentrations in fields such as political science, political communications, and journalism are helpful backgrounds for this position's duties, but applicants from any background or specialty can succeed in this role.
During non-session months (July – December), this position is based principally in Wilmington or Dover. During legislative session (January – June), the position may require up to three days per week in Dover, pursuant to the legislative calendar.
To apply please include your resume and a writing sample in an email to Communications Director Scott Goss at email@example.com. Do not hesitate to include additional documentation (portfolios, etc.).